Goldcrest House is a traditional 16 bedded home on the main road leading into Goole near to the town centre with close rail and bus routes. Goole College is next door to the home.
Individual costing packages for the period April 1st 2015 until March 31st 2016 ranges between £1100 to £3500 per week.
Placement costs are calculated as a specialised package so that the company is able to provide an individually tailored service. These individualised costs take account of the following:
The Impact of Autism
The level of learning difficulty, in particular the level of functional skills in key areas of the Service Users / daily life supporting the individuals behaviours, in particular behaviour
that challenge the service support needed following from medical problems or sensory impairments. The cost of a placement is calculated taking account of the following factors
General Costs (Covered within the base fee)
This element is fixed for each placement and covers the cost of providing the essential infra-structure, the accommodation and the cost of meals and cleaning.
Staff salaries and wages.
Within this base cost is a calculation of staff salaries or wages per 24 hour period. To enable costings from April 2015 this is calculated at an average hourly rate of £15.00 per hour.
The staff requirement to ensure Service User needs are met by the home (CQC requirement) is 5 x care staff per day from 8am to 8pm.2 x night shift staff from 8pm to 8am, one Registered Manager, one Office Manager, one Team Leader, One Programme Facilitator and one Clinical Suport Worker from 9am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, and 9am to 4pm Friday.
9-5 Leisure, Activities and Learning Costs
Within this base cost is a figure to cover the cost of a Programme Facilitator who is responsible for the home’s recreation, leisure and education for each service user. This will be person centred and take into account each service user’s personal ability.
General Building and Maintenance Costs
- Building costs
- Security systems and maintenance
- Gas/ Electric/Water
- Refuse collection
- Repairs & Renewals
Cleaning and Laundry services
- Cleaning equipment and materials (in house)
- Repairs & Renewals
Food and Drink
- Breakfast, lunch, Dinner and supper
- Snacks and special functions e.g. BBQ and Parties. Alternative meals at restaurants and takeaways will be paid for by the home only when it is an alternative to a main meal and not as an addition.
Insurance and liability
- House, contents, staffing and minibus insurance
- Repairs due to breakages not covered by the Insurance. Not included is insurance for personal belongings or personal injury
Management, legal and accountancy costs
- Management of home
- Accountancy and administration costs
- Solicitors’ fees
- National Care Standards
- National Autistic Society Accreditation
- Telephone and broadband facilities
- Home improvements and service development
- Contingency and crises management
- Company operating profit.