I am writing to notify you of our measures and contingency plans should there be a suspected case of coronavirus within the home.
Rest assured, we are taking this matter seriously and are ensuring that all staff are vigilant in the implementation and enforcing the recommendations and guidelines, provided by the following relevant sources: –
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- National Health Service (NHS)
- Public Health England (PHE)
- Care Quality Commission (CQC)
Prevention is our current focus, with staff prompting a more frequent personal hygiene management plan for all our service users and increased general cleaning of the home continuously through out the day. Tissues, personal hygiene products and hand sanitizers and face masks are being provided for all service users and staff and encouraged continuously in accordance with NHS Guidelines. Modes of transport and attendance of external activities are reviewed and risk assessed daily, to ensure a least restrictive approach to all of our service users day to day activity plans and general quality of life and well-being, are being upheld at all times, in line with given guidance.
In the event of a suspected case of coronavirus within Goldcrest House, the following measures will be taken effect immediately: –
- Goldcrest House will go into isolation for a minimum of 14 days due to the nature of the resident’s risk of contamination, including the staff team following recommended guidelines
- All staffing will be managed accordingly to ensure that the level and quality of care and support is not hindered or compromised, ensuring all service users are cared for appropriately.
- Testing and support will then be provided by local authorities and the NHS and be overseen by PHE alongside CQC.
I am sure you are aware, the situation in general is changing daily and it is our responsibility to ensure the safety and well-being of all our service users, plans are subject to change continuously, this includes our visitor policy which is subject to change in accordance with government guidelines. All non-essential visiting will cease. Family and friends of our service users will be notified by telephone where ever possible. However, telephone and video calling will be made available for people who wish to contact their loved ones. Goldcrest has a skype account at email@example.com and has been made available for our service users to access. All I ask in is that you telephone Goldcrest to arrange a time so we can ensure our service users are available.
Alternatively, you could record a video on your phone and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org which we will ensure your loved one will receive.
Please be assured that regular updates will be made available via our Facebook account and on the website. Alternatively, if you would like to speak with a member of staff or Management team please do not hesitate to contact us on this telephone number 01405 763607.